Does your standard 30-gallon compressor not satisfy you? Need more power for your tools? Perhaps even the 60-gallon compressors are not enough. What you need is a strong, sturdy 80-gallon compressor to help you run the most heavy-duty tools without much effort. These units are mostly durable and deliver a power-packed punch for your tools. They are mostly used in industries or by very hardcore DIY enthusiasts.
Also, 120-gallon compressors tend to be too much for most amateurs to handle. However, they still need a lot of power. Since there are no 100-gallon units available, getting an 80-gallon air compressor is your best bet.
To help you make the best choice, we have compiled a list of the best 80-gallon air compressors. Each has its own pros and cons. For example, while there are many models on the market, the EMAX 7.5-horsepower, 80-gallon, quiet air compressor is perhaps the quietest of them all. However, the quietest models are actually smaller. You can check those out here.
For now, check out our top 8 picks for the best 80-gallon air compressors;
80 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison
Industrial Air IV5048055
- 17.9-CFM at 100 -PSI
- Features a Heavy-Duty, Industrial Design
- Operates on 230-Volts
- 80-Gallon Tank
Campbell Hausfeld HS5180
- 80 Gallon Vertical Two Stage
- 14.0 CFM @ 90 PSI
- 175 Max PSI, 230 Volt, 22 Amp
- Operates over 20 high-demand air tools
- 2 stage air compressor
- SCFM @ 100PSI (CFM): 17.9
- Nozzle Fitting Size: 3/4-in
- 2 Year Limited Pump Warranty
EMAX Compressor 80-Gallon
- 7.5 HP Quiet Air Compressor
- Vertical, 2-Stage, 3 PH, 80 Gallon
- Flow-Tek concentric disc valves
Husky 80-Gallon 3 Cylinder
- 80-Gal. 3 Cylinder Single Stage
- Maximum horsepower at 7 HP
- 175 psi of maximum pressure
- Solberg-style intake filter
Quincy QT-5 Splash
- 80-gallon compressor
- 5 HP, 230 Volt
- 145-175 working PSI
- Pump RPM: 942
Ingersoll Rand 45465010 2340N5
- 80 gal Two-Stage Compressor
- Maximum pressure of 175 psig
- The synthetic lubricant has a long life
- 2-year limited warranty
Top 80 Gallon Air Compressors Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 80 Gallon Air Compressors Reviews
- 1.1 Industrial Air IV5048055 Vertical 80-gallon Compressor
- 1.2 Pros
- 1.3 Cons
- 1.4 Campbell Hausfeld HS5180 80-Gallon Air Compressor
- 1.5 Pros
- 1.6 Cons
- 1.7 DeWalt DXCMV5048055 Two-Stage Cast Iron 80-Gallon Industrial Air Compressor
- 1.8 Pros
- 1.9 Cons
- 1.10 EMAX Compressor 80-Gallon Quiet Air Compressor
- 1.11 Pros
- 1.12 Cons
- 1.13 Husky 80-Gallon 3 Cylinder Single Stage Electric Air Compressor
- 1.14 Pros
- 1.15 Cons
- 1.16 Quincy QT-5 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Air Compressor
- 1.17 Pros
- 1.18 Cons
- 1.19 Ingersoll Rand 45465010 2340N5 230 V Three Phase Air Compressor
- 1.20 Pros
- 1.21 Cons
- 1.22 Kobalt 80-Gallon Electric Vertical Air Compressor
- 1.23 Pros
- 1.24 Cons
- 2 What are the Benefits of an 80-Gallon Air Compressor?
- 3 What to Look for When Buying an 80-Gallon Air Compressor
- 4 80 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 5 Conclusion
Industrial Air IV5048055 Vertical 80-gallon Compressor
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty compressor that is durable, then the Industrial Air 80-gallon compressor is for you! The compressor has a vertical design, which takes up less place on the workstation. The Compressor uses a powerful, heavy-duty motor that operates on 230-240 Volts and can deliver about 5.2 HP. This means you can easily use this unit for most industrial applications.
The best part is that the motor has protection for voltage fluctuations. In case the motor gets overheated, the Thermal Overload Protection System will automatically shut the compressor off. The two-stage compressor pump delivers much more power to your tools. What’s more is that the construction is sturdy cast iron, making the unit more durable.
The compressor can deliver about 17.9 cfm at 100 psi or about 17 cfm at 175 psi. It can deliver a maximum pressure of about 175 psi. This enables you to use the Industrial Air compressor with a number of different air tools. The pump includes a patented design with aluminum heads to dissipate heat. This ensures a cooler operation.
The control panel includes working pressure gauges as well as an airflow regulator to help you control the performance of the compressor. Furthermore, it comes with a 2-year limited warranty. So, you can rest assured that your investment will be safe.
All in all, the Industrial Air 80-gallon compressor is an extremely durable solution that will help you get more efficient results with the two-stage function.
- Delivers a lot of power through the powerful motor
- Includes protection from voltage fluctuations
- Cool and efficient operation
- High maximum pressure of 175 psi
- Saves a lot of surface space due to the vertical design
- Can operate more than one tool at the same time
- It is a little noisier than others
- Very heavy and not very portable
Campbell Hausfeld HS5180 80-Gallon Air Compressor
The Campbell Hausfeld HS5180 air compressor is yet another 80-gallon compressor that offers users versatility as well as durability. The machine can easily operate almost all kinds of air tools including air sprayers, sanders, and grinders. This makes it perfect for the average hobbyist or DIY user.
The compressor includes a metal belt guard that is fully enclosed. This allows for a safer operation. Let’s not forget that the Campbell Hausfeldis a two-stage pump that delivers much more power to the tools. It helps you finish all your DIY projects easily and quickly.
Moreover, the construction includes a commercial-grade, cast-iron body. This ensures that your product lasts for a long time. In fact, the Campbell Hausfeld helps provide 12,000 hours of product life. The powerful pump provides 14 cfm at 90 psi while the maximum pressure it can provide is about 175 psi.
It can easily operate on 230-240 volts and has a 22-amp rating. Also included in the compressor is the 80-gallon vertical ASME tank. The vertical design is perfect for saving space at the garage or the workshop. What’s more, it requires less storage space.
The pump is oil-lubricated so you might need to change the oil often. Also, the oil can get contaminated. This could lead to added maintenance costs.
- Space-saving design makes for easier storage
- Can operate a number of different air tools
- Safe operation due to the metal belt guard
- Durable and long-lasting, i.e. provides 12,000 hours of product life
- Not too bulky in size
- You might need to change the oil often
- It cannot be used for too long since it is not a heavy-duty compressor
DeWalt DXCMV5048055 Two-Stage Cast Iron 80-Gallon Industrial Air Compressor
Next up is an 80-gallon compressor from the pioneer in the industry: DeWalt. The DeWalt 80-gallon air compressor is a two-stage compressor that delivers a lot of power to your air tools. The compressor is operated by a motor that delivers 5 HP. The motor uses a Thermal Overload Protection System (TOPS) to protect itself from overload and overheating. This increases the life of the product significantly.
The tank includes an integrated control panel as well as pressure gauges that can help you monitor and control the performance of your unit. The air outlets can be quickly connected for convenience. What’s unique about the compressor is that it delivers enough power to run more than just one tool. This will make operations easier and smoother for you.
The patented pump design ensures a longer life. The pump design includes cooling fins as well as a large iron cast flywheel that helps the pump run cooler. The oil-lubricated system ensures the pump remains efficient. It can easily deliver about 17 cfm at 175 psi and 17.9 cfm at 100 psi. In fact, the maximum pressure the pump can deliver is about 175 psi.
Since the capacity is quite large, you can expect the compressor to run for a longer time. Lastly, it comes with a 2-year limited warranty that will ensure your investments remain safe.
- Includes TOPS to ensure longer life of the motor
- High maximum pressures of about 175 psi
- Large capacity results in longer run times
- Can be used with more than one tool at the same time
- Comes with a limited 2-year warranty
- Cool and quiet operation
- It is not portable or easy to carry
- Oil might need changing often
EMAX Compressor 80-Gallon Quiet Air Compressor
It is quite difficult to find a quiet compressor that hasa large capacity. However, this EMAX 80-gallon compressor has changed the game with its quiet operation. The compressor uses a number of different technologies to provide you with the best product possible.
The compressor includes an ASME 80-gallon tank for a longer run time. Apart from that, the compressor is a 2-stage compressor and can be used for up to 50,000 hours. The higher capacity, as well as the two-stage operation,ensure that your tools get the maximum power that they need. The compressor consists of a dual-control design that allows you to run the compressor for a longer amount of time.
The 80-gallon air compressor comes with the Flow-Tek technology, which includes concentric valves to help you get the maximum power. The Cool-Tek Air Stream Technology allows the compressor to remain cooler. It does so by reducing 35% of the operating temperature as well as reducing moisture.
Also included is the Ram-Tek technology that allows for maximum durability due to the solid steel construction. A unique part of this compressor is that It includes a 110 V automatic tank drain. The drain includes dual timers that eliminate the need for daily maintenance.
The flywheel ensures that all the cool air is transported from the fan to the top, sides,and bottom of the compressor. Lastly, the EMAX compressor comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
- Provides up to 50,000 hours of product life
- Quiet and cool operation due to Cool-Tek technology
- Maximum durability as a result of the Ram-Tek technology
- Ensures the delivery of maximum power through Flow-Tek technology
- Includes an automatic tank drain
- Very heavyweight at 980 pounds
- Very expensive
Husky 80-Gallon 3 Cylinder Single Stage Electric Air Compressor
The Husky 80-gallon compressor is a single-stage compressor, which means it helps you get work done faster. Two-stage compressors do deliver more power but they are slower since the air gets compressed twice. So, if you’re looking for a quick job, the Husky 80-gallon compressor is what you need.
The compressor includes a solid cast iron construction that ensures maximum durability. The pump included with the compressor uses oil lubrication for maximum efficiency. The pump offers about 175 psi of maximum pressure. In fact, it can deliver about 23.7 cfm at 90 psi and 22.2 cfm at about 175 psi.
Also included is a vertical 80-gallon tank. This helps you save on storage space which you can then use for other things. The compressor includes a magnetic starter that makes it easier to start and stop the compressor functions. Also included is a Solberg-style intake filter. This ensures that the air inside the compressor isn’t contaminated and doesn’t ruin your air tools.
The control panel is integrated on the tank along with some outlet gauges. These help you monitor and control the pressure delivered to the tools. Also included is a globe valve as well as a pressure switch. The motor is heavy duty and can deliver about 7 HP, which is the highest from this list. The voltage rating is the standard 240 V so anyone can use it.
- Cast iron solid construction to ensure maximum durability
- Maximum horsepower at 7 HP
- Saves a lot of storage space due to vertical tank
- Oil lubrication ensures maximum efficiency
- Includes an air filter to ensure contaminated air doesn’t enter the tools
- Not portable at all
- Oil lubricant needs to be changed quite often
Quincy QT-5 Splash Lubricated Reciprocating Air Compressor
The Quincy 80-gallon air compressor is a reciprocating air compressor, which is why it delivers air at such high pressures. Firstly, it uses a heavy-duty induction motor called the Baldor motor. The motor delivers about 5 HP to the pump. It runs on 230 Volts and is a single-phase motor. The motor uses a capacitor to start itself. Also included in the motor is a thermal overload protection system, which helps protect the motor in case of any voltage fluctuations.
These compressors are built to deliver better efficiency and ensure lower operating costs. Moreover, they run at a slow RPM of about 942 and run cooler. What this means is that they cost even less to operate. This compressor is specifically built to deliver about 50,000 hours of pump life.
The compressor is mainly intended for industrial applications where bigger machines need a larger capacity compressor to power them. Furthermore, the Quincy 80-gallon compressor comes with a 1-year warranty.
The pump also includes oil as a lubricant to ensure maximum efficiency by reducing friction. The best part is that the compressor ensures a minimum oil carry-over rating of up to only 5 ppm. The unit’s pressure ranges from 145 to 175 psi.
What’s more is that the pump delivers about 18.6 cfm at 90 psi and 17.2 cfm at 175 psi. The compressor is also a 100% continuous duty compressor. This means that it can be used for a long time continuously without the fear of it burning out.
- Minimum oil carry-over (blow-by) rating of 5 ppm
- 100% continuous duty cycle to ensure continuous operation
- Heavy-duty motor that is protected from thermal overload
- Maximum efficiency due to oil lubricant
- Runs cooler and costs less to operate and maintain
- Stationary unit
Ingersoll Rand 45465010 2340N5 230 V Three Phase Air Compressor
The Ingersoll Rand 80-gallon air compressor is a durable and reliable unit that is perfect for DIY users. It provides air tools just the right amount of power they need. The construction of the unit includes a durable cast iron body. This combined with the long-lasting pump leads to about 15,000 work hours. So, you can rest assured that the unit will last a long time before you face any problems.
The best part about the Ingersoll Rand compressor is that it is a 100% continuous duty compressor. This means you can use it continuously for a long time without worrying about the motor burning out. The 2-stage compressor uses a motor that delivers about 5 HP.
The pump provides the compressor with a maximum pressure of 175 psig. The 80-gallon ASME tank allows you to use the compressor for a long time before needing to refill. The simplistic design includes cast cylinders, a one-piece connecting rod as well as an overhung crankshaft. This actually makes for easier maintenance as well as service.
The pump uses a synthetic lubricant to provide maximum operating efficiency by reducing friction between the different parts. Moreover, the lubricant has a life of about 2000 hours, after which it will need to be changed.
Plus, even if any part seems to cause trouble, you can easily make use of the 2-year limited warranty, which allows you to exchange or replace parts.
- Durable construction that provides 15,000 work hours
- 100% duty compressor that allows you to use it for a longer time
- Easier service and maintenance due to simpler design
- The synthetic lubricant has a long life and does not need such frequent changing
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty
- The startup kit needs to be bought separately
- Not portable
Kobalt 80-Gallon Electric Vertical Air Compressor
The Kobalt 80-gallon air compressor is another large capacity compressor that can provide you with the power you need. The compressor is ideal for heavy-duty use around the workshop or the garage. In fact, the compressor can be used easily for a wide variety of air tools and other applications.
Included on the top of the panel is an integrated control panel to make things more convenient for you. This makes it easier for you to access the switches you need. Also included is a start and stop button for easier control of the compressor.
The 80-gallon compressor is packed with power and can deliver 16.1 cfm at 40 psi as well as 14 cfm at 90 psi. The maximum pressure the unit can deliver is about 155 psi.
The motor included with the compressor is a heavy-duty induction motor that delivers about 4.5 HP. The vertical ASME tank saves a lot of space on the workbench. However, the tank is stationary and not a portable one. The pump is oil-lubricated and single stage. Unlike the dual stage where the air is compressed twice, this single-stage operation makes tools work faster.
The cast iron construction of the compressor ensures that it can run for a longer time. The motor is actually rated at about 18.6–17.5 amps while the voltage needed is 230 V.
- Integrated panel for better convenience
- Space-saving vertical design
- Delivers a lot of power to the tools
- Single-stage operation ensures faster operation
- Cast iron construction is durable
- The compressor is stationary and cannot be moved around
- Some users found some parts failed quickly
What are the Benefits of an 80-Gallon Air Compressor?
There are many options for compressors on the market today from 3-gallon compressors to 120-gallon ones. It might make you wonder what’s so special about an 80-gallon unit. Well, the easy answer is that the 80-gallon compressor can help you get much more power for the price you pay.
Here are the main advantages of owning an 80-gallon air compressor:
- Greater Air Volume: Firstly, 80-gallon compressors provide users with more air capacity. This means that you can deliver higher PSI to the tools. The best part is that you won’t need to fill it too often. With a smaller tank, you could easily run out of air in seconds when using a heavy-duty tool.
- Better Value for Money: An 80-gallon compressor will help you get the most out of your machine. They do tend to be a tad more expensive. However, they have extensive features such as overload protection and automatic drains that justify the price point.
- Durability: Since most 80-gallon compressors are so large, they are mostly stationary. This means that you won’t carry them around very often or easily. On the other hand, the cast iron, single-piece construction ensures maximum durability and a longer run time.
- Versatile Application: As these compressors deliver higher power and airflow, you can easily use them for the most heavy-duty applications. In fact, most of these compressors allow you to use more than one tool at the same time, which helps save time and money. You can use one for spray painting, airbrushing, cutting, grinding or other applications that require a high source of energy.
- Function at High Temperatures: You can easily use these air compressors in high temperatures where using other sources would eventually lead to fire or explosion hazards. Since air generation happens right on site, you need not worry about the high temperature.
What to Look for When Buying an 80-Gallon Air Compressor
Buying an 80-gallon air compressor is no walk in the park. Since these units are so expensive, you need to pick out the correct one. The following factors should be taken into consideration before buying an 80-gallon air compressor:
The first thing to consider is what you want to use the air compressor for. Do you want to use it to inflate tires or air mattresses or a bouncy castle? Or do you need to power up some heavy-duty air tools such as grinders, nailers or sanders? If you want to use it for small tasks, then a simpler model will suffice. However, if you are looking to use it for some industrial use, then you might need to look at more powerful options.
Two-Stage vs. Single-Stage
There are two main types of compressors in the market: two-stage and single-stage compressors. The two-stage compressors use two cycles to compress the air. Hence, they deliver much more pressure and power to the air tools. On the other hand, they take a lot of time to deliver said power since they compress the air twice. Single-stage compressors are quicker but deliver lesser power. SO, make your choice wisely!
You might be using the compressor at home, so you need to ensure that the compressor is quiet. The larger the unit, the louder it will be. However, there are a few models in the 80-gallon series that are quiet. Even in industries, most prefer quieter models as they reduce noise pollution and ensure better health of the workers.
The horsepower is a measure of the power that the motor provides to the pump. The higher the horsepower, the higher the pressure will be. However, it’s important to ensure that the horsepower is not too high as this can be dangerous. Normally, a maximum of 7 HP for an 80-gallon air compressor tank is sufficient.
Durability and Longevity
Since most of these compressors cost over $1000, you need to ensure that the compressor lasts for a long time. You should consider the sturdiness and durability of the 80-gallon compressor as well. Most consist of a cast iron construction, which tends to be very durable. However, you should also consider the pump and how many working hours it promises you. Anything more than 15,000 hours is a great deal!
80 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison Chart
|Industrial Air IV5048055||Black||34.8 x 31.5 x 80 in||610 pounds||8|
|Campbell Hausfeld HS5180||Blue||31 x 41 x 78 in||N/A||8|
|DeWalt DXCMV5048055||Yellow||35 x 32 x 79 in||470 pounds||7|
|EMAX Compressor EP07V080V3||Yellow||34 x 24 x 73 in||800 pounds||9|
|Husky C801H||Black||29.8 x 34.8 x 65.8 in||310 pounds||N/A|
|Quincy QT-5||Blue||37 x 24 x 74||625 pounds||6|
|Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V||Ivory||37.1 x 26 x 68.5 in||430 pounds||9|
All in all, an 80-gallon air compressor is a great investment, especially if you have some very powerful tools at your side. Even with low-power tools, it can help you run more than one tool at the same time. So, you can still invest in a high quality 80-gallon air compressor.
These are durable and reliable, and the large tank capacity eliminates the need for frequent refills. Most of these units are stationary, which might be a con from some. But if you look at it from the other side, the less you push it around, the less risk of damage! So, what are you waiting for?